How to download MP3 files from YouTube to your computer or phone:
convert a YouTube video to MP3: A YouTube to MP3 converter lets you download a YouTube video as an MP3 file, a perfect solution if all you want from a video is audio. You can then ring the YouTube video or add the MP3 to your music collection, etc.
There are dozens, if not hundreds, of free YouTube to MP3 converters to convert a YouTube video to MP3 that you can choose from, but all are different. Some YouTube converters are very slow to convert and download, while others are filled with ads or they are confusing.
The list we have listed below includes only the best YouTube to MP3 converters, each with its own unique feature set, as well as a few other ways to get the sound of a YouTube video that you may not have. never seen before.
Tip: Once you get the MP3 from the YouTube video, you can use a free audio file converter to record it to M4R to get an iPhone ringtone or any other audio format you want.
Note: YouTube to MP3 converters do not include audio from the content of the ad. Ads are entirely separate from videos and are not included when you convert a video to MP3 or any other audio / video format.
Is it legal to convert a YouTube video to MP3?
Frankly: yes and no. Downloading videos from YouTube or extracting audio from YouTube videos is 100% safe and legal only if you download the original content (you are the original creator and downloader of the video) or if you have the written permission of the person or group who has the right to the video.
Another way to get free content from YouTube is if the downloader includes an official download link or if the content is in the public domain.
What this means, of course, is that you can not legally use YouTube as a personal source of music collection, by freely downloading songs without permission from videos uploaded by others, even if they are for your personal use and then you share them with friends.
GenYouTube is the best way to convert a YouTube video to MP3 if you want it to be done quickly. It does not ask you questions, downloads are fast and you can even start from the YouTube video.
There are three ways to use this site: either a) visit the GenYouTube site and paste the URL of the video, b) open GenYouTube and look for the video) visit the YouTube page and change the URL, in adding the word gen just before the word youtube (eg https: //www.genyoutube.com/watch? …).
Once on the download page of this video, click or tap MP3 in the list of options to immediately download an MP3 version of the YouTube video.
According to the video, GenYouTube also supports a few other audio and video formats, including 3GP, WEBM, MP4 and M4A.
For most of you, this is simply the easiest way to extract audio from a YouTube video.
If you want a complete desktop program to extract and convert a YouTube video to MP3, MediaHuman YouTube to MP3 Converter is the best option for Windows, Mac and Ubuntu.
There are several great features that no other program or service in this list has, and many really specific options that you can manipulate to customize the program and make it work exactly the way you want.
Batch downloads and multiple link imports are supported so you can queue up and download multiple MP3s at once. Pair it with the “Start downloading automatically” option and you’ll be downloading tons of YouTube MP3s in no time.
MediaHuman’s YouTube download program also supports playlist downloads so you can instantly recover all videos from a playlist and convert each video into a separate MP3 file. It can even follow a playlist for new videos, and then automatically download MP3 files.
This YouTube to MP3 converter also allows you to configure iTunes import so that MP3 files load automatically in iTunes, which is perfect if you plan to sync your downloaded MP3 files with your iPhone or iPad.
Here are some other noteworthy features: bandwidth control, custom bit rate settings, M4A and OGG output, auto shutdown option after downloaded files, YouTube connection to private video, title renaming and other information.
Also Read: Download Camtasia Studio 7/8/9 For Pc Free
Want to download YouTube MP3s directly to your Android phone or tablet? YouMp34 is the best application for the job: it is really simple and fast.
From the app, find the YouTube video you want to convert to MP3, then tap Download to go to the download page. If you are not sure if you have the correct one, use the Play button first.
There are two buttons on the download page. One with the audio logo is the MP3 link while the other is used to download the YouTube video as an MP4 video file.
Note: YouMp34 is not hosted on the Google Play Store. Your phone or tablet may not be properly configured to download unofficial apps. If you have problems, open Settings> Security, check the box next to Unknown Sources and confirm the prompts.
Note: Youzik’s YouTubeMP3 is a very similar YouTube to MP3 conversion app for Android, but it does not allow you to preview the video before downloading it to MP3. It is however a little easier to use.
Downloading music and other audio files directly to an iPhone is not as easy as on Android, because iPhones are not designed to allow this sort of thing.
Instead, you need to do two things: use a specific application that supports downloading files, then download the MP3 to your phone with an online convert a YouTube video to MP3.
- Install the free Readdle Apps app on your phone.
Note: There are other applications like Documents that can download files, but I found that it works best, especially if you want to be able to lock your phone while listening to music (you can not do it with iOS).
- Open Documents and tap the small integrated browser window in the lower right corner.
- Open GenYouTube and find the video you want to download to MP3. You can also paste the link to the video if you’ve already copied a direct link from an email, text message, YouTube app, web browser, and so on.
- From the video download page, scroll down and select the MP3 option.
- When prompted, enter a name for the MP3, then choose a folder to save it, or use the default folder. Tip: If you do not receive a file name when you press to download the MP3, hold down the button and choose Download Link.
- Tap Save to download the MP3 to your iPhone.
- You can play the MP3 file from the folder you chose in step 5. Use the button in the lower-left corner of the Documents application to return to your folders and open the MP3 file.
Although not as easy to use as the MediaHuman tool mentioned above, Audacity is another popular option for Windows, Linux and macOS.
Audacity is a free program for recording and editing audio, so the way it works for YouTube conversions is quite simple: record the sounds from the computer and save them to an MP3 file!
To do this, you need to change some settings in Audacity and make sure no other sound is playing on your computer because it will record everything that is sent to the speakers.
Here are the detailed steps, first for Windows, then for macOS:
- Download and install Audacity.
- Go to Edit> Preferences … to open the settings.
- Go to the Devices tab on the left.
- In the Interface section at the top, change the “Host:” option on Windows WASAPI.
- In the same window, in the Recording section at the bottom, change the “Device:” option to make it the output device, like your speakers or headphones.
- Click or tap OK to save and exit.
- From a web browser (no matter which), open the video you want to convert to MP3, then be ready to press the Audacity recording button as quickly as possible. This, or you can start recording in Audacity in first and then start the video, but you may need to make some changes in Audacity to remove any silence at the beginning.
- Press the stop button in Audacity to stop recording.
- To save the recording to MP3, go to File> Export> Export to MP3 and save the MP3 file somewhere you can find later.
- Download and install Audacity and Soundflower, which will allow us to route audio from YouTube to Audacity.
- Tip: Once you have downloaded and opened Soundflower, run the Soundflower.pkg file to use the installer. If it is not, go to System Preferences> Security and Privacy and choose Allow.
- In the Apple menu, choose System Preferences … then Sound.
- the Output tab of the Sound screen, select Soundflower (2ch) as the output device.
- In the Audacity Preferences screen, via Audacity> Preferences …, open the Devices tab on the left.
- Under the Recording section, choose Soundflower (2ch) as the “Device:” option.
- Open the Recording tab on the left and enable software playback so you can hear the video being played.
- Choose OK to save the changes.
- Open a web browser on the YouTube video that you want to record in MP3 format. Be ready to press this video, but also be ready to press the record button in Audacity. You can do one or the other first (ie, play the video and then press the record button or vice versa) but you may miss a bit of the beginning of the video if you start it before you start recording.
- Use the stop button in Audacity to exit the recording.
- Go to File> Export> Export to MP3 to save the recording to an MP3 file.
- To make sure your computer will play sounds normally, just repeat steps 2 and 3, but this time choose the internal speakers.
If the MP3 has other noises, such as an ad that was broadcast at the beginning of the video, a little silence or a conversation at the end, it’s easy to delete them with Audacity.
Other noises, such as e-mail alerts or error sounds mixed with audio, are a little more difficult to correct. If this happens, close all noise and try recording again to get a cleaner MP3.
VLC Media Player is a free and incredibly versatile video and audio file player. It works perfectly for downloading YouTube videos in MP4 format under Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
Once the video is in MP4 format, you can convert it to MP3 in the same way you can use the web browser method you just read.
Here’s how to get the MP4 with VLC:
- Download the VLC media player.
- Open VLC Network Options:Windows: Go to VLC’s Media> Open Network Stream … option.
macOS: use File> Open Network …
- Paste the URL of the YouTube video into the text box on this Network tab.
- Click / tap Play in Windows or Open in macOS to start playing the YouTube video in VLC.
- After booting (you can suspend it if you wish), copy the actual URL served by VLC: Windows: Go to Tools> Codec Information. In the Codec tab, copy the long URL located at the bottom of “Location:”. macOS: Look for the menu option Window> Media Information … Open the General tab and copy the URL for the “Location” text box. Note: Given the duration of this URL, make sure you have copied everything by selecting everything (Ctrl + A or Command + A) before copying it (Ctrl + C or Command + C).
- Paste this URL into your web browser, be it Chrome, Edge, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.
- Once it starts to load, right-click or tap and hold the video and choose Save from this menu. You can also press the Ctrl + S or Command + S shortcut to save the MP4.