There are several options for downloading a video from Instagram. Apps and websites can be used to download Instagram videos. Choose an option below for more details.
Download Instagram video on a computer
To download an Instagram video using a desktop computer or laptop, follow the steps below.
- Go to the Web page on Instagram containing the video you want to download.
- Copy the URL of the web page into the browser’s address bar.
- Go to the DreDown website: https://www.dredown.com
- At the bottom of the DreDown home page, click on the Instagram option.
- On the DreDown Instagram page, in the text field at the top, paste the URL that you copied in step 2 above.
- Click the Dredown button to the right of the text field.
7. You will see a message saying “Get information about the video. Please wait “. After a short wait, the page will change and show you a list of video download options. Choose the video option you want to download and click this option to download the Instagram video to your computer.
Download the Instagram video on an Android device
When you use an Android device and view an Instagram video, this video is automatically downloaded to your device. The video will be available in the Android File Manager.
- Open the File Manager utility on the Android device.
- In the file manager, go to Data, then com.instagram.android, then Cache, and then Videos.
- Look for the video file that has been downloaded. The videos are listed in the reverse order, the most recent being viewed and downloaded at the top of the list.
- Set the video file extension to MP4.
You can now see the Instagram video by reading this video file.You can now see the Instagram video by reading this video file.
Download the Instagram video on an iPad or an iPhone
When using an iPad or iPhone, follow the steps below to download a video from Instagram.
- Go to the App Store and find and install the Regrammer app.
- Go to Instagram and find the video you want to download.
- If you are using the Instagram app, click the ellipsis (…) in the upper right corner and select Copy Link. If you are accessing Instagram through the Safari web browser, tap the URL field at the top and copy the URL of the video.
- Open the Regrammer application and paste the URL of the video into the text field below the name of the “Regrammer” application.
- Click the Preview button.
- On the Preview page, tap the Share option and tap Save image.
- Once downloaded, the video can be found in the video directory.