You’ve always dreamed of changing the default color of the yellow folder icon on Windows to other colors you know or ignore! You have come to the right place.
With hundreds of folders included in other folders, it is certainly not easy to locate the file you are looking for at any time. However, changing the color of the folder icon could help you easily locate and differentiate folders, rather than simply depending on the folder name.
Free application to create different color folders on Windows 10/8 / 8.1 / 7
A free desktop application that will allow you to change the color of your folder icons and help you rearrange your folders.
How to create folders of different colors with Folder colorizer
First stage: After downloading run the FolderColorizerSetup.exe file , accept the license agreement and click “Next”.
Second stage: a window will open, click on “Install now” then “Next”
Third stage: The program Folder colorizer will ask you to activate the product, to continue you must enter your email then click on ” Get My free Activation ”
Fourth stage: Open your browser and connect to your Gmail account to confirm the address by clicking on the link ” Confirm activation ”
Fifth stage: After confirming Email you will see a message that the address has been activated
Stage Sixth: If in the middle of the installation, you are prompted to enable Microsoft Dot Net Framework 3.0. You may need to download the Dot Net 3.0 framework , open the package, read the terms of the license agreement, and if you agree, click the “Install” button.
Seventh stage: Click ” Yes ” to install Colorizer.
That’s it, the installation is now complete. You are ready to add color to your office.
How to change the color of a folder with Folder colorizer?
1. Start by selecting the icon of the folder whose color you want to change, right-click on it, select ‘ Colorize’ , then choose a preset color.
2. Once you have selected a color for your folder, the color of your folder icon will automatically change from standard yellow to the color you have chosen.
3. If you need to use custom colors, right-click again, select ‘Colorize!’ and select “Colors …”.
4. From the window, choose the color you want to use, then click ‘Add Color’ for Add Color.
This custom color will be saved as a preset color, so the next time you want to use, you can select it directly from the list.
Restore Default Folder Color
5. If you decide to restore the original color of your folder icon, right-click on the folder, select ‘Colorize!’ And choose ‘Restore original color’.
This is the end of this tutorial, if you have any comments or suggestions related to this tutorial do not hesitate to post them